Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Explore God

5 Stars





It's no coincidence that I've listed Explore God as #1 on my Austin Bucket List.  God is an important part of my life and I'm proud to say that.  This movement isn't a "thing" to do or a place to visit, but I think it exemplifies one of the many reasons I love Austin so very much.

The movement called, Explore God, is going on in Austin right now (Sept 2013).  Many of the local churches around town are participating.  The intent of the series is to create a safe environment to explore what we know & think about God.  It's for believers and non-believers.  And it is SO Austin!  I can't imagine ever seeing something like this happening in the DFW area. (I lived there for almost 30 years.)  I'm simply blown away by how many churches are participating.  It's really amazing.

My church is participating in the movement also.  Our Pastor is discussing these questions with us and then we have an opportunity to dive into them deeper in small groups throughout the week.  These are the questions all of Austin is exploring right now:

  1. Does life have a purpose?
  2. Is there a God?
  3. Why does God allow pain and suffering?
  4. Is Christianity too narrow?
  5. Is Jesus really God?
  6. Is the Bible reliable?
  7. Can I know God personally?

No comments:

Post a Comment